« Home | Constructions of Corporeal Agendas » | Reactions and comments about the presentations » | Reactions to last week presentations » | The Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Polit... » | Presentation-Reactions and Observations » | Presentation Schedule:4/7:MyrtEllenKarina4/14Cyren... » | Not quite sure what performance studies is? Perhap... » | gumbo yaya/ or this is why we speak in tongues-the... » | still untitled » | Sancocho, or The Choreography of the Colonized: An... »

Reactions to presentations!

So, first I would to express that I am really enjoying this process with my colleagues, I am learning a lot form you guys and feel inspired! I also think that we have built trust amonst each other that enables us to have a enriched process.

Cyrena, you know I love anything related to dance so its really nice to see your project come together. The media elements were fantastic! I'm excited for the actual movement presentation. I really enjoyed the personal narrative of your presentation and I think if you let that guide you then everything will assemble around that. As far as, anxieties about what to focus on seems like you have to make some decisions but I didn't feel that anything was missing. I agree with Karina that the discussion of the Porteno(sp) needs to be flushed out, because you are talking about identity politics so a clearly articulated discussion around that only adds to the movement anaylsis peice. Overall! great! seems like you have a few tweeks here and there but you are well on your way!

Ebony, my sister! Its a little difficult for me to absorb your work yesterday with an objective eye because I have been so closely linked to the process. The work is the work and its great! You just have to make some technical decisions. As I expressed before even though there is an apprehension to babysit the veiwer, you got put it in to context, I understand why you feel resistant, but I would not want the richness of the work that we have been doing for the past several months to be mis-understood. You are still enacting the revolution even if you foreground it for the people who need some help! Other than that you know what it is, peace and hair grease!

Ayanna: I would have loved to hear you speak about what is lost when nonblack women attempt to vocalize in the break.

Post a Comment