Reactions and comments about the presentations
I think Ayanna did a beautiful job of creating a layering effect with her singing voice, her speaking voice, the recorded voice of others, the listener's voice, interspersed with music. I think it was a powerful performance and I liked the idea of having the audience's voices incorporated into the performance. I would love to hear more of your voice, as I'm sure would others and I'm interested and excited to see what the images will bring to the performance.
For my own presentation, I would like to add and adjust a few things in the visual component. The idea was to start the presentation dancing for two minutes with my partner, then take my seat and start the song, una emocion. I was thinking of only having the lyrics on the screen in both english and spanish, but I'm thinking maybe I should have images here as well. What do you guys think? Also, do you think I should have the translation? Then I would like to start the photo slide show, but I'm going to add some titles to the photos. I would also like the photos timed so that I can show some photos of the places while I am simultaneously talking about them in the paper. I think I might add another video as well. I would like the slide show to last the length of my presentation. Eric made a suggestion that maybe I shouldn't translate what my friend says when she talks about tango. What do you guys think? Maybe I could read it in spanish and have the translation on the screen? I like the idea of creating a bi-lingual text.
Thank you for all the comments. I really appreciate them and I will try and incorporate them into my presentation. I just feel so pressed for time!
Ebony's performance was also wonderful. I like the combined use of the body, props and texts in your performance. I also enjoyed that it was a performance with no intro, but on the other hand I agree with Frank that you might want to say a little bit about the piece afterward. I was thinking maybe you could take one element of the performance that you feel like you would want to talk about and share that with the audience. This way you will be providing some explanation but at the same time you will leave the audience wondering about the other parts. Using this tactic you will fulfill the wants and needs of some and still leave the audience questioning, thinking, wondering and wanting more.
For my own presentation, I would like to add and adjust a few things in the visual component. The idea was to start the presentation dancing for two minutes with my partner, then take my seat and start the song, una emocion. I was thinking of only having the lyrics on the screen in both english and spanish, but I'm thinking maybe I should have images here as well. What do you guys think? Also, do you think I should have the translation? Then I would like to start the photo slide show, but I'm going to add some titles to the photos. I would also like the photos timed so that I can show some photos of the places while I am simultaneously talking about them in the paper. I think I might add another video as well. I would like the slide show to last the length of my presentation. Eric made a suggestion that maybe I shouldn't translate what my friend says when she talks about tango. What do you guys think? Maybe I could read it in spanish and have the translation on the screen? I like the idea of creating a bi-lingual text.
Thank you for all the comments. I really appreciate them and I will try and incorporate them into my presentation. I just feel so pressed for time!
Ebony's performance was also wonderful. I like the combined use of the body, props and texts in your performance. I also enjoyed that it was a performance with no intro, but on the other hand I agree with Frank that you might want to say a little bit about the piece afterward. I was thinking maybe you could take one element of the performance that you feel like you would want to talk about and share that with the audience. This way you will be providing some explanation but at the same time you will leave the audience wondering about the other parts. Using this tactic you will fulfill the wants and needs of some and still leave the audience questioning, thinking, wondering and wanting more.
Cyrena: I suggest(ed) you read the comments from your friend in Spanish, as well as provide Spanish-language lyrics to the song that you play, to complicate the idea that non-Argentines cannot embody the tango.
Posted by
Anonymous |
Monday, April 21, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM EDT